For those who are working or working with digital marketing, it is important to know some concepts better, so in today’s article we will talk about the difference between content marketing and inbound marketing, two more distinct important concepts.
To strengthen a brand, dedication is necessary, currently technology has been offering several tools, especially for those working with digital marketingKnow the difference between content marketing and inbound marketing
Both the content marketing and inbound marketing concepts are widely used in digital marketing teams, and the truth is that one complements the other, are not synonymous, so it is important to know the difference between content marketing and inbound marketing.
Inbound marketing means attraction marketing, that is, any marketing strategy with the objective of attracting people’s interest, making them go to the brand. Inbound marketing makes the right people look for companies to close a deal, or buy a product.
The customer comes to the company’s website to find the answers they need or a solution, not immediately to buy.
In inbound marketing there are also some concepts that you need to know:
- Visitor: the user is getting to know your site;
- Lead: downloaded your content and made a registration to receive the material, with that you will have contact with this possible customer;
- Opportunity: Leads that are ready to close the purchase;
- Client: Lead who made the purchase;
At Inboun d marketing there is a sales funnel that follows an order, a systematic process of attracting customers:
- Attract: Develop strategies to betray visitors to your website or blog, through created content that appears in search results;
- Converter: Development of strategies to convert visitors to leads, offering quality content that can be useful or solve any need;
- Relate : Development of strategies to convert leads into opportunities, leading them to the moment of purchase, through lead nutrition campaigns with social media and email marketing, for example;
- Sell: Elaboration of strategies to close sales, that after all these steps the moment of purchase is easier;
- Analyze: In order to continuously improve it is necessary to examine all the steps and check for any need for adjustments. Post-sales work is also an interesting tool for customer retention.
But the content marketing means marketing content, which is all content designed to inform, educate or entertain a prospective client, is known as the inbound marketing of fuel.
Through content that can be useful, answer questions, give solutions is an excellent way to convert visitors into customers, the user starts to realize that your brand has authority on a subject and therefore starts to use it as a reference and respect it -over there.
A good example of a content marketing application is a gym, which can create a blog, talk about physical activities and their benefits, about food, producing content related to the area of activity to attract customers.
Content marketing and inbound marketing are concepts that go hand in hand
Now that we have seen the difference between content marketing and inbound marketing we will explain how these concepts are complementary, the fact is that content marketing is directly related to attraction marketing.
A team that works with attraction marketing uses content marketing strategies to talk to the public and thus attract, convert and retain customers.
There is a difference between content marketing and inbound marketing, but they are methodologies used together to achieve the best results by attracting loyal customers that will generate profit for the company.